Thankful for year-round outdoor cooking.
Another something awesome to be thankful for??? Living in Southern California where it’s grilling season all year long!
We are lucky enough to live in Murrieta and Temecula Valley where the sun shines and everyone wants to hang out in the backyard on Thanksgiving, so why not take that Thanksgiving party outdoors? Utilize your BBQ Grill and BBQ Island to turn your Thanksgiving into a Thanksgrilling!!
P.S. (We are having our Year End Clearance Sale on BBQ Islands, so contact us about deals now!)
The benefits of cooking some or all of your Thanksgiving dishes outdoors:
- Frees up oven space,
- Makes for easier and faster clean up
- Can cut down on cooking time
- Less time spent in the kitchen
- More time to be with family
- It’s unique
- Your guests will love it!
An added bonus to Thanksgrilling is outdoor cooking is that it is unique – something different – and your guests will remember!
The pilgrims cooked that turkey over an open fire back in the day. So when you are outside, grilling up your turkey on the fire this year, you can raise your glass and pay homage to the original Thanksgrilling cooks!
Outdoor Gas Grilling
Gas grilling is a fun and easy way to get the grilled taste you’re craving. Grilling a whole turkey is best done on a large gas grill fitted with a thermometer. The turkey drippings may be used to prepare a gravy by placing a metal pan under the turkey inside the roasting pan, and mixing in about 1/2 cup water, adding more water as necessary to prevent the drippings from scorching. Remove the pan about 30 minutes before the turkey is done cooking.
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds), patted dry
- Mixture of aromatics, such as sage sprigs, onion wedges, and halved garlic heads, for filling the cavity
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- Brine thawed Turkey in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove any feathers and quills (kosher turkeys tend to require this more than others).
- Remove neck and giblets; reserve for other uses. Remove and discard excess fat.
- Rinse turkey inside and out and pat dry.
- Let turkey sit at room temperature at least 1 hour.
- Before turning on grill, lift grate and place drip pan. Replace grate.
- Preheat burners on high for 10 to 15 minutes with lid closed.
- Stuff turkey with aromatics; Season body cavity with salt and pepper. Fold neck skin under body and secure with metal skewer, then tuck wing tips under breast and tie drumsticks together with kitchen string.
- Brush entire turkey with oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey on top grate, breast up, on cooking grate over drip pan. Close lid and cook with minimal peeking.
- Turn temperature down to approximately 350°F (Medium-high)
- Cook turkey until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (and the stuffing) reads 165 degrees, 2 to 3 hours (about 10 minutes per pound with aromatics, 12 minutes with stuffing). Depending on burner arrangement, it may be necessary to turn turkey over, halfway through grilling for even cooking.
- Remove from heat, and let rest 20 minutes before carving.
Makes 8 to 10 servings ACTIVE TIME 20 min TOTAL TIME 3 hr
Today a BBQ Island means much more than a barbecue grill and a cooler of beer and soda. While BBQ Islands still have the grill as the central fixture, many have evolved into an extension of the home’s living space. Especially here in Temecula Valley and Murrieta where the sun shines all year round, we want to have an outdoor living space for cooking, entertaining, and relaxing. We want to have the same conveniences that we have inside, if not more. Here at Valley Hot Spring Spas and BBQ Islands, we work with you to create a perfect BBQ Island that matches your house and your personality. Our Custom BBQ Islands can include pizza ovens, wet bars, kegerators, firetables, side burners, smokers, warming drawers and roasting spits.
Valley Hot Spring Spas and BBQ Islands is the leading retailer for BBQ Islands in Temecula Valley and Murrieta, Ca. We would love to help you with designing your perfect outdoor living space. Come visit our showroom and design center in Murrieta, CA today!
Here at Valley Hot Spring Spas and BBQ’s we have been building outdoor kitchens and fire pits in Southern California since 1997.
No matter the size of your backyard or budget, we have a solution to fit your Outdoor Kitchen and Fireplace needs. Our capabilities are limited only to your imagination and most projects are ready to be delivered in Southern California within days.
About Our Valley Hot Spring Spa & BBQ Island Products:
Valley Hot Spring Spas and BBQ Islands uses steel frames and welded joints. The frames are then put through a rust proof coating process. This entire process does take more time, but it ensures that your new barbecue island won’t sag, warp or fail structurally. The end result is a far superior product, that will last a lifetime.
With many tile and stucco color combinations to choose from, Valley Hot Spring Spas and BBQ Islands can build the perfect barbecue island for you. Contact us today for a in-home consultation, or view our photo gallery to view some examples of what we can custom build for you.
- 20 Gauge commercial grade Galvanized Steel 2 x 4 and 2 x 6 construction.
- Our Galvanized Steel products are guaranteed not to rust or breakdown.
- Available with HardieBacker brand cement board sheathing. (Provides a ready to finish surface for attaching Stone, Stucco, Tile, Granite, or any other finish product).
- Low lbs per square inch design allows for installing on most Wood Decks, Pavers, Cement Slabs, Pool Decks, or most other surfaces you may desire.
- Delivered for Free in most cases (crane fees may apply).
The Valley Hot Spring Spas & BBQ Difference:
- Custom and Modular designs available.
- Available assembled and ready to assemble configurations
- Steel Guaranteed not to rust or breakdown.
- Dedicated staff available to make your project a reality.
- Free support 7 days a week.
- Call us now! 951-698-3115